Saturday, January 2, 2016

“Who You Might Be”

""I’m learning you do not have to meet every experience in life with an attitude of triumph, it’s often unfitting, especially if you hope to tell an honest story. And with that understanding, for the first time in a long time, I stopped fighting back and retired from my activism to find peace within. The goal isn’t to win, but to survive. The goal isn’t to go back to who you used to be, but to find the courage to emerge changed and tempered. I am not exempt from ordinary ways of being. And I’m learning to find sweet resolve in this truth. After all, ordinary life is rich with bittersweetness if we allow it to be...

I’m learning to find meaning rather than frustration in my most unsavory moments. I’m learning to keep alive memories once pushed away. I’m learning to listen to the feelings I ordinarily keep buried."

https://medium.com/@suey_park/who-you-might-be-f4c450bc7671

No comments:

Post a Comment