Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"5 Things I Want My Ex-BFF To Know"

"When I ended things, it wasn’t because you didn’t have value as a person. I just didn’t see the value in continuing our friendship. Friendships are about enjoying each other’s company and gaining strength and support from each other. I stopped getting those things from you, and it didn’t feel right to continue on pretending like I did. But, I realize that probably hurt you, and for that, I'm sorry. Although I didn’t want to continue our friendship, that doesn’t mean I wished you any pain. If I’ve caused you that, I’m truly sorry."



I think this expresses something important about friendship.


There is this really complicated thing about getting older, moving away, growing into the person you need to be outside of the shields and limitations of your childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment