Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"When Open Access is the norm, how do scientists work together online?"

"For this PLOS-commissioned survey, which I view as a bookend to my 2000 report, I’ve investigated how researchers are collaborating to transform scientific communication in an Open Access environment. I’ve found that adoption remains incomplete, but progress has been dramatic and encouraging. New modes of collaboration, unforeseen in 2000, are emerging in a variety of scientific subcultures.

From interviews I’ve conducted with researchers and software developers who are modeling aspects of modern online collaboration, I’ve highlighted the most useful and reproducible practices."
http://blogs.plos.org/scicomm/2015/04/13/hello-world/#.VSvYeIzcc_o.twitter


These are interesting. I totally want a "BioOverflow".

No comments:

Post a Comment