Thursday, October 12, 2017

"What Explaining My Natural Hair To PhDs Taught Me About The Art Of Persuasion"

"When I submit a proposal or choose a theoretical framework for my dissertation, I can’t afford for others to not understand this aspect of Black women’s experiences. My funding and career trajectory depend on it.
After many rounds of fellowship applications, awkward small talk at parties, and helpful exchanges with other feminist writers of color, I’ve developed some strategies to help bridge the divide that a patriarchal, capitalist, and racialized world sometimes creates.
Here are five ways to get people to begin to understand and take interest in your work, even when the subject isn’t something others necessarily have much vested interest in."


Something that's just occurring to me, as a researcher feeling her way into her research topic: when you are following a passion instead of 

No comments:

Post a Comment