Saturday, August 22, 2015

"Ex-Googler On Discrimination: 'Speaking Up Didn't Fix A Damn Thing'"

"“Speaking up didn’t fix a thing, but it made me feel better. I didn’t feel complicit in my own unhappiness there anymore,” she said. “So there’s my advice, advice seeking Googlers: leave. It’s a hard thing to wrap your head around. The idea will take some getting used to... You CAN leave. You do not have to subject yourself to unhappiness and mistreatment. I promise you this: there is life outside of corp.”"

!! all these tweets <re-read>. And the "feeling complicit in my own unhappiness" realness. That perfectly captures the shittiness of belonging to systems that were not built for you, that were originally built despite you, that were often built in opposition to you.
That are unintentionally-intentionally making you feel small and out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment