Monday, November 16, 2015

"The Value of a Compassionate Lie"

"Although every page emanates enormous wisdom, one particular diary entry stopped my breath with how swiftly it sliced through my most fundamental convictions as a person who despises deception and prizes truth above almost all moral goods. And yet here was Katakis, reminding me in an incredibly poignant and beautiful way that a life of nuance in a black-and-white culture is perhaps the greatest art and most difficult moral feat of all."
http://www.brainpickings.org/2015/06/05/michael-katakis-traveller-lie/


Wow, I love that sentence. It's probably from someone, but this is the first time I've heard it. Nuance (!!).

Anyway, the full post is short and poignant and links to several other short and poignant things that I might post eventually.

Related: Interview with Suey Park (twitter activist, of #CancelColbert), who says important things about nuance

No comments:

Post a Comment