Monday, January 5, 2015

"Teacher to parents: About THAT kid (the one who hits, disrupts and influences YOUR kid)"

"I want to talk about THAT child, too, but there are so many things I can’t tell you.

I can’t tell you that she was adopted from an orphanage at 18 months.

I can’t tell you that he is on an elimination diet for possible food allergies, and that he is therefore hungry ALL. THE. TIME.

I can’t tell you that her parents are in the middle of a horrendous divorce, and she has been staying with her grandma.

I can’t tell you that I’m starting to worry that grandma drinks…

The thing is, there are SO MANY THINGS I can’t tell you about That Child. I can’t even tell you the good stuff."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/11/14/teacher-to-parents-about-that-kid-the-one-who-hits-disrupts-and-influences-your-kid/

No comments:

Post a Comment