Saturday, January 17, 2015

"MODEL MINORITY RAGE: WHY THE HULK SHOULD BE AN ASIAN GUY"

"If I had to pick one, would I rather grow up with people assuming I was going to become a boring, hard-working engineer or doctor than with people assuming I was destined to a life of low education and poverty? No question.

But it would be even better if, like my white peers, I got to pick between being passionate and emotional or being rational and practical based on how I personally felt instead of being pigeonholed...Jewish Americans were in a similar place a few generations ago, with similar cultural baggage, and the voice of Jewish-American entertainers shows their struggle to negotiate with that stereotype and overcome it"
http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2014/07/18/model-minority-rage-why-the-hulk-should-be-an-asian-guy/

I am so into Arthur Chu's writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment