Sunday, December 25, 2016

"Hope"

"As we struggled to envision a hopeful future for public education, one of my classmates wondered aloud, “How can we even talk about the future when we have no idea what a just world looks like?” In this moment, I was struck by the fact that within the Christian tradition, we do have an idea of what a just world looks like: through the Bible’s descriptions of the kingdom, through the work of theologians that stretches across millennia, and through the stirrings of our own hearts in community and in contemplation...

How might you bear witness to the outpouring of love present in God incarnate? How might you respond to incarnation’s invitation to imagine the the kingdom of God in our world now? It is my hope that your answers to these questions may not remain abstract; Jesus was born to a particular woman on a particular night, a striking assurance that any single action, even one that we feel in the moment is inconsequential, can be imbued with exquisite grace."

http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/yacm/2015/12/10/hope/



So, I am not a religious person, but I resonate with the ideas here (and it's helping me on my journey of understanding the thing that is religion and faith, which felt so absurd to me when I was 9 and realized that I had been believing in God the same way I'd been believing in Santa Claus)

No comments:

Post a Comment