Saturday, September 29, 2018

"Word up! This is the story behind The New York Times’ most famous tweet"



"Another weekend, a custodian accidentally unplugged a cord on the server, prompting the Times’ main Twitter account to stop tweeting for a weekend.
“I wasn’t at work, so I was like, ‘Whatever, it’s just a side project,'” Harris recalled. “But I came into work and there were several different emails asking who did support for this product, what the contingency plan was. That’s sort of the time when I realized: Oh, I guess this is a product.”"

http://www.niemanlab.org/2017/03/word-up-this-is-the-story-behind-the-new-york-times-most-famous-tweet-which-is-10-years-old-today/

Twitter became Twitter by accident. 


Or, I guess, "social media" became Social Media by accident 

No comments:

Post a Comment