Sunday, February 14, 2016

"I'm Ready for Love: How I'm Learning to Love Someone Else Without Losing Myself"

"When I started tallying the men in my life for the purposes of this article, I was surprised to discover that I was still counting after one.

I love these men. They have been a source of comfort and strength many a day, but even with them, I have often pondered how the beauty of those relationships is only possible because of the platonic nature of them all. A sexual relationship would tarnish the respect they have for me and I would lose myself in pursuit of their affection...


I question where that leaves straight women. Are we doomed to be in relationships in which we immediately assume the inferior status? Subconsciously, I answered that question in the positive, so I abstain from men. I don’t date...


The line between being loving and being a doormat is not clear and that frustrates me."


No comments:

Post a Comment