Sunday, February 2, 2020

"'Lies My Teacher Told Me,' And How American History Can Be Used As A Weapon"




"The book is called Lies My Teacher Told Me. What's the biggest lie in the book?

Usually when I'm asked, "What's the biggest lie?" I put my hand out in front of me slanting upward and to the right. And what I mean by that is the overall theme of American history is we started out great and we've been getting better ever since kind of automatically. And the trouble with that is two things. First of all, it's not always true... 

And the second part is what it does to the high school student. It says you don't need to protest; you don't need to write your congressman; you don't need to do any of the things that citizens do, because everything's getting better all the time."


1 comment:

  1. You know now many senior people getting more active and positive-oriented. Their soul is alive, and they not care about the numbers. And they want to be happy again and share life with friends or long-term partners. For this, they can use services like young people do - senior dating is good for them as well. top dating sites

    ReplyDelete