Wednesday, December 5, 2018

“#ExpressiveWriting Prompts to Use If You’ve Been Accused of #WhiteFragility #SpiritualBypass or #WhitePrivilege”



You’re well-meaning and you truly want to understand…
And yet, despite your well-meaningness, your responses end up harming people of colour even more.
And now you’re confused.
Because you were only trying to help.

So, let me help you…

I recently had an encounter with a white man on a friend’s page on Facebook. He seemed to take issue with my friend’s (another white man) stance on racism.
After engaging him for an hour, I was exhausted. 
I had expended so much emotional and intellectual labour trying to help this stranger see why his reaction was an example of white fragility.
The only good thing that came out of that discussion was a series of writing prompts I wrote so the stranger could work through his own rage.”




FB: these are cool

No comments:

Post a Comment