Friday, May 19, 2017

"I Am Resisting Trump The Only Way I Know How: By Releasing Doves Into the Subway"



"By the time Rex Tillerson got confirmed, I was so burnt out from shellacking picture frames of hopeful imagery, I almost gave up. But I couldn’t. So I slowly crawled out from my comfort zone, marched into the streets, and while my neighbors were at a town hall meeting, I painted the words “no hate” in small, beautiful cursive lettering, on the side of the building. It was my most challenging and most necessary act of resistance, but I knew it could inspire generations of people throwing away trash in the dumpster beneath it to stop having hate. It felt amazing to make an impact, and I have to emphasize this again: I literally don’t know any other way to do this."

No comments:

Post a Comment