Monday, April 10, 2017

"Mass. High Court Says Black Men May Have Legitimate Reason To Flee Police"

"the finding that black males in Boston are disproportionately and repeatedly targeted for FIO [Field Interrogation and Observation] encounters suggests a reason for flight totally unrelated to consciousness of guilt. Such an individual, when approached by the police, might just as easily be motivated by the desire to avoid the recurring indignity of being racially profiled as by the desire to hide criminal activity."

http://www.wbur.org/news/2016/09/20/mass-high-court-black-men-may-have-legitimate-reason-to-flee-police

This week (September of 2015). I've consciously settled a bubble around myself, and I haven't read anything about the men who were killed, I just can't, but I read this.

And the quote above stopped me because it rings so true, and because right now I am fleeing from the news of police activity, and because there are no spaces to go to to recover from that feeling of your humanity being casually forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment