Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"My Cousin's Meds"

"When neuroscientist Carl Hart meets with his cousin he wonders about what he now knows about psychiatric medication and society, and whether his own life is a success."
http://storycollider.org/podcast/2015-05-26

This story! It's a neuroscientist laying out how his research interacts with huge questions in society and social justice and not being afraid to be inspired by real problems in his past, and to be political and to be an activist.

I mean, I once told someone that I was interested in studying sleep because I have insomnia, and they looked at me askance and asked if that was something I would really want potential graduate schools to know. Cuz I guess it would make me less distant and removed from the nature of my science?

No comments:

Post a Comment